SEARCH FOR HOME ED FRIENDLY CHILDMINDERS HERE.
This is our growing database of Home Ed friendly Childminders! Search using your postcode to see if there is a childminder near you yet! Please don't forget to tell the childminder that you found them through us!
Distance Range Radius: KM
CALLING ALL CHILDMINDERS!
Would you like join the
Learn Laugh Play
Childminders Directory and Community?
We are building a unique database of Home Ed childminders in the UK and a support network for childminders of Home Ed families!
If you are already a childminder but you would like to offer support to local home education families, send us your details and we will add you to our directory for free. This directory is brand new and will provide a unique resource for Home Ed parents looking for childcare.
Together, we can make Home Eduation a much easier choice by offering childminding where parents know that their children can meet other Home Ed children and possibly do some of their Learn Laugh Play lessons!
As a childminder, Ofsted does not allow you to be in charge of a home educated child’s education. Parents are allowed to use childminders if they Home Ed, but they have to (understandably) remain in charge of their child’s learning. This means that if parents need to work, or they just want some time to themselves (!), they can use a childminder and the childminder can support the child with their online learning – as long as this is set up by the parent., and not coming from the childminder.
The problem with many childminders for Home-Edders generally, is that childminders tend to be only looking after babies and toddlers during the day. We are seeking, with your help, to change this and provide a place where Home Ed families can find their nearest Home Ed friendly childminder. The children can do some of their learning with the childminder, but most importantly, children can socialise with other Home Ed children while they are there!
It may take a little time to build, but our goal is to be able to offer a directory of Home Ed friendly childminders which will help as many families as possible to create the work/home ed,/life balance that works for them.
As part of this we are currently offering a free listing on our directory to all Home Ed friendly childminders as well as:
- Membership of our WhatsApp childminder support group
- Optional monthly Zoom meeting for socialising with other Home Ed childminders, with inspiration and helpful topics covered including how to support Home Ed families with a range of needs and create a magical home from home environment where children can socialise and learn
- Support with how to help children with Learn Laugh Play lessons (if parents ask you to) in the mornings
- Support with creating fabulous learning adventures for Home Ed children in the afternoons!
Need help and support to become a registered Childminder?
If you have are thinking of becoming a childminder, but it all seems overwhelming, we can help! Learn Laugh Play offer a hand holding ongoing consultation package where our Childminder Co-ordinator will literally support you throughout every step of the journey, making the process quicker, easier and less daunting. This consulation and support package includes:
- Initial consultation via Zoom covering the DBS process, doctor certifficate, insurance, first aid, safeguarding and more – with clear signposting and timeframe given to get you inspection ready with minumum stress!
- Preparation for inspection with detailed mock house and paperwork inspection via Zoom
- Access to up to date and detailed support on all areas of paperwork
- Membership of WhatsApp support group for all those little questions along the way
- Free listing on our directory once you are Ofsted approved
If you want to have an initial chat, please fill in your details using the link below. We will be in touch very soon.