Time: 4.00 – 4.40pm
Suggested age: 5 to 7
- 1 x weekly live interactive lesson (term time and half terms)
- Access to video link for 7 days after each lesson (not downloadable)
- Access to members area to share child’s work and get teacher feed back
- Optional additional learning activities, in between lessons
- Weekly worksheets to print and use in the lesson
Choose to pay weekly or once every 4 weeks and sign up now!
NO FINANCIAL TIE- IN, YOU CAN CANCEL AT ANY TIME.
Once your direct debit is set up, this course will automatically appear when you are logged into the website under the “My Courses” tab. Here you will have access to the Zoom code and everything else you need, in the members area “Feed”.
Understand maths through fun and practical activities
Young Mathematicians afternoon club is suitable for children who attend school AND home ed families that prefer the later timed session.
The Young Mathematician sessions encourage children to understand and feel confident with number bonds, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, shape, measure, time, money and much more. All sessions are based on fun activities and are suitable for all abilities. The actvities are in line with the Maths curriculum for 5 – 7 yr olds in the UK but how the children learn in these sessions is very different to anything in school!
- use of fun ‘ideas board’ for sharing maths ideas and number sentences
- supportive maths activities
- investigation work
- number stories
- musical saucepan orchestra – only play the odd numbers and other number patterns through sound
- using small pots and counters to convert from word problem to practical solutions
- shopping, shopping lists, simple cooking, simple crafts, junk models, right angle crocodiles, finding numbers in your home – hundreds of different fun activites that will have your child engaged physically and mentally with understanding maths. (This is not a stare at the screen and listen to the teacher type of Zoom class! It is hands on!)
PLEASE NOTE THAT AN ADULT IS NEEDED TO SUPPORT THE CHILD THROUGHOUT THE SESSION.